Monday, October 18, 2010

Surfer Blood concert

 John Paul Pitts, the lead vocalist for the band Surfer Blood, performs in Rosa Parks Circle at the Center City neighborhood party.

Gabe Wikle, 13 left, bangs his head as the band Surfer Blood performs in Rosa Parks Circle at the Center City neighborhood party.

I have only one thing to say about loudspeakers.  They cannot speak, but they are definately LOUD, especially when your ear is only inches from the speaker.  I am always torn when I photograph bands--if I wear ear plugs it will look as though I don't care about the music, if I don't I will go deaf.  You can see my dilemma.  I think in the future loud speakers will be obsolete and people will use their headphones at concerts.  Then I will be able to turn the volume down as low as I like.  Purists will complain loudly that if everyone wears headphones at concerts then they will lose the live experience, but it won't matter because no one else will be able to hear them since they will all be wearing headphones.

See more photographs at: Surfer Blood

No comments: